Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
5 days left
- Experience level
Overall job purpose
To provide management of each assignment in an efficient and effective manner, and to help ensure that clients receive a quality service in all aspects.
- To manage a portfolio of clients, act as day-to-day point of contact for the client, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that each assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out all aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the firm’s quality standards
- To be responsible for the corporation tax compliance service for clients in the portfolio.
- Advising on payment of tax liabilities as they become due.
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns and supporting computations.
- Dealing with enquiries raised by HM Revenue & Customs.
- Be available to assist with planning and advisory work and to work closely with other departments
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications.
- Ensure added value to clients.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff.
- To review work completed by junior staff for adequacy and completeness and to provide feedback
- To assist with other tax service lines as business needs require
- To assist in student recruitment and training activities as required.
- To assist in marketing activities and events as required.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPE requirements.
- To record time spent on each client’s affairs using relevant computer software.
- If studying, achieve passes in all exams within the time parameters given.
- If studying, achieve passes in the professional exams at first attempt.
- Actively attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.;
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any partner
- ACA, ACCA or ATT qualified
- Work experience within an Accountancy Practice, with exposure to Corporate Tax
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.;
- Experience of using specialist tax software system
- CTA preferred
- Current role to be 50%+ Tax based.
- Experience and confident in a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.