Tax Services Assistant Manager - National Tax/Indirect - Property Tax -- Open Location
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our National Tax and EY EDGE practice is made up of a team of professionals providing specialized tax technical services to both US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
When you join EY EDGE, you’ll be at the heart of EY’s critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute — building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to spend your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks, supporting client engagements by participating in day-to-day interactions with team members, providing a quality work product and driving delivery of services to meet deadlines. You’ll spend much of your time providing lead compliance support to the engagement team, supervising and evaluating your assigned analysts and their work products, communicating with clients, providing tax technical recommendations and resolving engagement issues. You’ll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
- Supervision experience
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to reconcile, review and prepare (where needed) property tax renditions; review reports and documents prepared by assigned analyst
- Ability to review property analysis reports for appeals and to escalate information to services manager
- Participate in budget reviews and identify resource needs on engagements
- Serve as a resource for the manager; prepare client-facing work products for manager review and sign-off
- Participate in client-facing meetings
- Team with the manager on engagement economics
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience (Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent degree preferred)
- Five years or more of practical tax experience/equivalent mix of education and experience
- Experience with planning, process improvements and problem resolution
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, property tax administration applications (e.g., PTMS and OneSource for Property Tax) and ability to learn other software applications
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in a professional services environment
What we look for
We’re interested in people with initiative, who are not afraid to speak up, with a genuine desire to make things better across the business. You’ll need strong software skills and the ability to handle information and data from multiple sources. If you’re ready to further build on your professional competencies, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.