Manager / Senior Manager - Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
4 days left
- Experience level
About KPMG in Malta
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients' clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do; shared by all our firms in 147 countries. KPMG (including Microsoft Business Solutions) is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
Role purpose and context
We believe that ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) makes businesses better. The consideration of ESG factors has become critical to the success of businesses across all sectors. Investors, lenders, regulators, shareholders, customers and employees are putting pressure on companies to consider how their business impacts the world, their contribution to society and how they conduct themselves. It is now clear, that having a clear purpose and positive impact on the planet and its people matters like never before.
We are looking at hiring talented individuals at Manager / Senior Manger level who must have an entrepreneurial mindset, who are passionate and enthusiastic about ESG and who can develop our ESG practice and service offerings and act as an ESG champion for the firm.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain a broad awareness of ESG regulations, market needs, competitor activity and service offerings
- Identify, design and drive local practice building/development initiatives in collaboration with other members across the firm and our network
- Collaborate internally and across our network on the development of our local service offerings and in certain delivery aspects of such
- Develop materials, tools and methodologies to support our ESG proposition for use in client meetings, events and thought leadership
- Ensure guidance documents and lessons learnt are shared across the firm on a regular basis, with ongoing training (where applicable)
- Build and cultivate strong business relationships internally and externally
- Act as the champion for the firm on ESG related topics
- Identify new ESG opportunities and develop these through collaboration with internal resources and our network
- Advocate advancing the ESG agenda both within the firm and with our clients
- Take a lead role in developing individuals within specific teams who have a keen interest in introducing ESG as part of their service offerings
- Understand risk and ensure the firm’s risk management frameworks are fully adhered to at all times
Skills, Experience & Qualification required
- Be a strong and effective team player
- Work flexibly across the firm, sectors and propositions
- Experience in business development activities
- Ability to assess information to extract key strategic insights and communicate these clearly and succinctly, both orally and in written form
- Strong people skills with a passion for helping people develop
- An ability to work both collaboratively and individually
- Be a good communicator with strong English (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills
- Ability to form excellent working relationships
- Highest degree of personal and business integrity
- Be adaptable and agile to be able to flex with the evolving context around us
- Experience working within a Professional Services environment
- Ability to demonstrate a keen interest in ESG and an open mind set to continue learning
- Hold a primary degree in finance, commerce, business, environmental science, engineering or related discipline (an MBA would be considered as a strong plus)
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to continue to build on their existing knowledge and skills, to operate at a more senior level and to add greater value. We have ambitious plans and offer the successful candidate the opportunity for development and advancement as we achieve those plans.
We would love the opportunity to discuss how your career aspirations can be accomplished at KPMG.
Should the above vacancy interests you, please visit our website via the apply button below.