Consultant/Senior Consultant, Business Process Analysis (Fund Accounting)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
A Business Process Analyst (BPA) is responsible for leading small, large and/or complex projects. The BPA function is responsible for end-to-end process analysis and design, with an understanding of the technical and operating challenges. There is a focus on both the current and future business environment, covering operational change and technical developments.
Applications are now being sought from suitably qualified candidates at Consultant level to join BPA.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Analyse Fund Accounting operations procedures, processes, and issues to identify areas for automation, to reduce risk and improve efficiency.
- Carry out activities that are both large and small in scope, cross-functional that can be technically difficult.
- Review workflow to evaluate effectiveness and propose changes to improve productivity.
- Can operate independently and develop in-depth knowledge of business unit, specific area of expertise and strong knowledge in related functions.
- Provide support for new business initiatives.
- Document business requirements for approval using defined project management methodologies and guidelines.
- Interact with system development teams to formulate and implement solutions.
- Lead a project from design, through UAT and implementation.
- Ensure support and training structure is in place post implementation.
- Provide cover and support for the functional support helpdesk where necessary.
- Investigate and identify gaps that have resulted in errors and make recommendations.
- Manage time effectively to deal with changing business priorities.
- Build strong working relationships with other departments throughout the organisation.
- Interact and build relationships with external vendors.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Strong knowledge of Fund Administration business.
- Good understanding of the Fund Accounting platform.
- Proven knowledge of project management concepts, methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.