Structured Finance Valuations (VAP)- Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
STRUCTURED FINANCE VALUATIONS (VAP) - MANAGER - NEW YORK, HOBOKEN, HOUSTON
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The Structured Finance group, is a group within FSO that specializes in addressing varying needs of market participants in the securitization marketplace across asset classes, including asset- backed securities (ABS), commercial mortgage- backed securities (CMBS), residential mortgage- backed securities (RMBS) and collateralized loan obligations (CLO). The securitization market is a dynamic marketplace, continuously evolving with new regulations and technological advances every day. This a great opportunity to work in this fast-paced environment, lead diverse engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients and lead business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Structured Finance Valuation Analysis and Pricing (VAP) Team provides an array of services to the firm’s audit clients in the analysis of their portfolios of fixed income investments, including ABS, CMBS, RMBS and CLOs. Our team leverages our market knowledge and third party technology platforms in order to provide in depth analysis on structured product securities.
- Managing and motivating teams with diverse skills and backgrounds in an inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Playing an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants
- Reviewing stratifications of client portfolios and leading discussions with audit teams
- Leading discussions with audit clients on methodologies and assumptions on the valuation of fixed income securities
- Leading teams in obtaining and evaluating cash flow modeling assumptions from third party market providers
- Liaising with third party pricing providers to stay abreast on market events and sentiment
Skills and attributes for success
Strong leadership skills, technical skills, relationship- building skills and integrity. These skills along with having a consistent commitment to delivering only the highest quality of work products to your clients, will allow you to easily integrate into a leadership role within the Structured Finance VAP team and reach your professional development goals.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree and approximately 5 years structured finance experience or Master’s degree and approximately 3 years structured finance experience. Degree in finance, economics, mathematics, accounting, engineering or a related discipline; MBA or MS preferred
- Modeling and valuation experience with fixed income securities
- Working knowledge of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Regulation AB 1122 compliance reporting
- Demonstrated project management, teaming, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary to meet client deadlines; valid driver’s license and passport to meet travel requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg, Intex, Moody’s Wall Street Analytics, Citigroup Yieldbook and transparency tools of pricing vendors
- Strong communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience leading structured finance consulting projects within a large financial institution or consulting firm.
What we look for
Individuals who demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities, professional knowledge, the ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge and possess good business acumen. Integrity within a professional environment
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.