Fixed Income MI Reporting Associate
Company ProfileMorgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees Worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm?s books and records, and by contributing to Firm wide risk management and risk reduction. The division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley?s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley?s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarises, plans and forecasts the organisation's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses
of future revenues, expenses and earnings.
The team?s overall role is to provide financial analysis and business performance metrics to support senior management decision making. The encompasses business units revenue, expenses and profitability, client revenues and sales performance metrics; business units funding analysis and capital overview; and designing and developing management reports to evaluate business performance and support clients and strategy.
- The role has standard daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables however the bulk of the role will be a significant amount of adhoc queries.
Role responsibilities include:
- Global and regional profitability analysis for Fixed Income Division business units, including review and commentary of the business packs analysis expenses, revenues and other performance metrics.
- Providing a monthly capital overview: Risk weighted assets (RWA) and Leverage by business unit
- On-going review of capital optimisation by reviewing current allocations and processes
- Review, analysis and provide commentary for daily, weekly and monthly packs for business heads about sales performance and revenues
- Build strong relationship with the business unit, collaborate across business, IT, product control and operations to drive solutions
- Ad hoc queries and projects such as a scenario analysis and deep dive reviews of funding; new trade analysis and challenging current processes
- Educated to degree level, preferably qualified accountant
- Sound numeric skills and accuracy
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organisation
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically a strong command in Excel and PowerPoint
We are focused on bringing together different backgrounds, experience and talents to deliver world class service. If you are a driven self-starter, client-focused, and eager to contribute to a leading Global Financial Services firm, please apply. We welcome all backgrounds and experiences.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.