Vice President - Fund Accounting Treasury
*This figure is presented as of September 30, 2018 and includes approximately $28 billion of assets with respect to SPDR products for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) acts solely as the marketing agent. SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.
Account for the day-to-day management of a functional/oversight team(s) and manage daily service delivery and production activities performed by staff. Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Service teams/COE’s, outsource locations, Client Operations and other business units to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure fund expenses, budgets, distributions and client reporting accuracy and that all SLAs are met. As well as, Work collaboratively with teams and management across the organization on various projects, oversight, committees, KPIs, etc.
- Lead accounting function, manage client experience and operational delivery. The role is based in India and responsible for implementing strategy and managing delivery.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy across business
- Act as command and control across Team to drive operational effectiveness, establishing a core competency for conversions across sectors and regions
- Working with the COO and Executive team to explore, create, direct, manage and achieve agreed business objectives, including driving revenue and profit growth
- Actively manage executive global stakeholders across Global HUBS, Global Delivery and Global Services
- Drive innovation, transformation and productivity, not only in India but globally across the delivery organization
- Develop and lead a large team, fostering high performance and creating a destination for top talent
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Assess impacts of regulatory changes.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes as well as assists with client conversions and other client projects.
- Serve on committees and help define and implement new company initiatives.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulation
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
Skills and Experience
This is a key position and requires senior leadership and advanced skills-
- Overall 20 years or relevant experience , part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity
- Proficient in the working knowledge of Equity and Fixed Income Securities and derivative products
- Understanding of operational functions within custody and / or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems
- Should have worked directly with clients and counterparties in a global context
- Should have led operations at a global level, across countries & regions
- Should have experience of end to end ownership of operations, with direct accountability on business, client and risk metrics (including losses)
- Demonstrated leadership beyond operations, working with Risk, Technology, Automation and Change groups to drive BAU and transformation
- Experience in global locations is desired
- Proven leadership skills as well as managing and developing a high performing operations teams
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding financial goals through expense discipline and headcount management, experience on investment decisions is desired
- Proven ability to generate innovation ideas, manage project pipeline and ultimately transform businesses
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach and influence colleagues and virtual team members
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results
- Should be open to work in North American shift hours as needed by the business
- Client Focus & Consultation - Provide excellent service and build strategic client partnerships based on knowledge of their needs and by exceeding mutual expectations
- Manage Execution & Effective Communication - Deliver flawless execution of work products through effective plans, clear priorities and developed process management methods to ensure all resources function at optimal levels
- Leverage Talent Globally - Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce while understanding different perspectives and cultures to align management practices to fulfill business strategy