Manager / Senior Manager, Indirect Tax (VAT or Customs), Asia Pacific Tax Center (APTC)
2 days left
- Experience level
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The indirect tax team within EY's Asia Pacific Tax Center ("APTC") is expanding and looking for strong experienced candidates at a Manager or Senior Manager level to join our team for a minimum period of 24 months. The indirect tax team within the APTC operates as a team of highly experienced indirect tax professionals who focus on delivering APAC wide solutions to multi-national companies.
Your key responsibilities
- Stay abreast of Digital Tax Effectiveness and Digital Tax Administration trends and tax policy changes impacting the way our clients do business
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex supply chain concepts and effectively apply customs and indirect tax knowledge to client situations
- Assist in developing and delivering quality Operating Model Effectiveness (OME) and Digital Indirect Tax work products in a timely and responsive manner
- Thoroughly analyse client information. Prepare quality practical approaches to the client's situation
- Manage the work of client service team members
- Develop recommendations and implementation plans for clients and team members
- Run client relationships and leverage internal/ external relationships to generate revenue opportunities for the firm (dependent upon level/grade)
- Work seamlessly with tax and advisory colleagues across APAC and Rest of World (ROW)
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication, written and organizational skills
- Positive working attitude and motivation to learn
- Ability to work in a team
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor's degree in any subject
- Strong technical knowledge across either Global Trade or VAT (ideally both) - full technical training will be provided on indirect tax, customs or digital tax areas as needed that the candidate has not experienced previously
- Strong verbal / written communication skills in business English (experience of working in Asia or with Asian languages is preferred but not necessary)
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced professional services environment and cope with undefined situations
- Willingness to travel in APAC
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A Master's degree or accounting / tax qualification
- Proficiency in any additional language(s)
- Accreditation by SCTP
- Strong IT skills
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.