The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
This role will report to the Senior Financial Controller, within the Division. Financial Control work closely with stakeholders across the Group and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities.
Purpose of the Role
The Financial Controller has the responsibility in ensuring that the financial, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements of the Business unit are delivered on a timely basis and to a high standard of accuracy.
The role holder has responsibility in the delivery of timely and accurate financial and management information to support effective decision making and review. In addition it is expected that the role holder will drive the roll out of best practice in process improvement and systems enhancement.
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring that the underlying process, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice;
- Responsible for the review and delivery of statutory workings and disclosure notes, Finrep disclosure notes, ensuring adequate supporting evidence is maintained on file;
- Responsible for the review and delivery of subsidiary entity statutory financial statements, and the facilitation of the audit and tax review process for the Business Banking subsidiaries, alongside the overall presentation of the final deliverables to the Board members.
- Flexible team member; sharing knowledge and proactively supporting continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies, while also ensuring the delivery of changes arising
- Responsible for the completion of ad-hoc projects and requests in support of team goals and the Bank's strategic priorities
The role is part of the Group Financial Control team within Finance Services. It is s an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to support the financial performance reporting of Bank of Ireland.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in the Republic of Ireland with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience of delivering quality financial information within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and coach and lead a team.
- Strong knowledge of MS software, particularly MS excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of the SAP general ledger and BCS consolidation systems.
- Experience in financial services.
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- Accountable - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Sep 22, 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.