Senior Manager, External Financial Reporting
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Group Statutory Reporting which forms part of the wider Group Financial Control Team has responsibility to deliver accurate and timely Group and Entity (i.e. Group's holding company) financial information (statutory and management) to internal stakeholders and to fulfil external reporting requirements including Interim and Annual Reports.
Purpose of the Role
The role is to manage key aspects of the Group's external reporting process and to ensure the delivery of high quality financial information to key stakeholders.
- Preparation and review of the Group, Company and Bank financial statements (full year Annual Report and Interim Report) and facilitate the audit of published financial information
- Review of the Group's income statement and balance sheet for reasonableness and consistency with expectations
- Management of consolidation adjustments
- Responsibility for the Group consolidation system, including interaction with IT partners in maintaining and developing the system to meet the Group's evolving reporting requirements
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure that timetable commitments for each reporting cycle are agreed and ensure that any issues are appropriately resolved on a timely basis
- Ensure ongoing design and operating effectiveness of the team's financial controls, while also monitoring, recommending and implementing improvements to current methodologies and practices
- Consistently monitor, recommend and implement improvements to current methodologies and practices
- Provide financial and analytical support to Group Finance executive management
- Support key finance related projects and initiatives as required
What is the opportunity
This role provides an opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of Bank of Ireland Group's financial performance and results, to collaborate with various teams across the Group as part of the reporting process, and to develop presentations and reports for key stakeholders including senior finance management and external parties.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Qualified Accountant with 5+ years PQE with strong academic ability
Essential Skills & Experience
- Deep knowledge and experience of interpreting and applying accounting standards
- Demonstrated experience of delivering high quality financial information within tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage a range of competing priorities
- Ability to work both on own initiative and to manage and develop colleagues within the team
- Ability to influence senior management and other stakeholders effectively
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of working in the Banking sector
- Relevant knowledge of the regulatory and legal environment in which the Group operates and the ability to apply that knowledge in addressing practical issues
- IT Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), good knowledge of consolidation and general ledger systems (ideally SAP).
- Customer Focused - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- Accountable - People Manager
- Amplify Capability - People Manager
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.