Financial Services - Audit Senior Manager - Bristol
Assurance FSO – Audit Senior Manager – Banking & Capital Markets - Bristol
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across the Banking Industry.
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
Skills and attributes for success
- Take ownership of the execution of high quality audit work on more complex audit engagements, including management of risk, independence and professional scepticism
- Manage key components of multiple audit engagements including the strategy, planning, risk assessment, team management, engagement economics and delivery of exceptional client service
- Challenge the effectiveness of the audit strategy and approach for all engagements - Team effectively with other service lines
- Actively engage in required consultations
- Embrace feedback from internal and external inspection teams to enhance the execution of quality audits
- Enhance EY’s brand positioning through strong external relationships across a network of existing and future clients
- Provide strategic and relevant insight, connectivity and responsiveness to all clients that anticipates their needs
- Maximise business development opportunities through leveraging networks across service lines and geographies
- Maximise operational efficiency with a focus on key performance drivers and improve operational practices by leading and implementing new audit solutions and enablers
- Be recognised as a respected and supportive mentor, coach and counsellor, building career value for individuals
- Build and develop high performing and diverse teams by creating a trusting, supportive and inclusive team environment
- To qualify for the role you must have ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Excellent technical and industry sector expertise in Banking and Capital Markets
- Working knowledge of IFRS9
- Business development skills, ability to identify and pursue new opportunities
- Project/financial management skills, ensure multiple projects are completed on an accurate and timely basis and within budget
- Team and peer leadership skills
- Demonstrate successful management of a number of major clients/projects (eg with large investment banks)
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.