Senior Associate - Core Operations
State Street Job DescriptionState Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.99 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.81 trillion* in assets under management as of September 30, 2018, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit State Street’s website.
*This figure is presented as of September 30, 2018 and includes approximately $28 billion of assets with respect to SPDR products for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) acts solely as the marketing agent. SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.
Key Responsibilities & Experience Range
- Should have good understand of the settlement process and accounting (Statements and Ledgers)
- Capable of analysing the fax and electronic instructions received from sales and trading desk and validate with the static data. Also to have good understanding of Reconciliation and enrichment process
- Works in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other shared services and Client Operations to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies
- Should be able to interpret relation between payment and receipts and be able to resolve breaks timely and accurately
- Achieve all assigned operational deliverables adhering to Standard Operating Procedures
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Ability to communicate with different teams/fund groups/agent banks via email/phone calls in accordance to the strict market cut-off
- Should be familiar with Trade Life cycle and have a fair understanding of different guidelines
- Good understanding of NOSTRO and other payment systems (MT202, Fed wire). Should carry knowledge of SWIFT messages (MT202, MT103, MT910, MT940)
- Good if already have working knowledge of reconciliation tools such as Intellimatch
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.