Team Leader, OTC Middle Office (Hedge Fund Services)
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com
The job requires working for a Global Hedge Fund Administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. The Position involves people management and other administrative tasks. Responsibilities include understanding the affirmation and settlement process for various OTC products. The position also requires good experience and knowledge in financial markets, preferably OTC markets and back office functions.
- Conducting regular one to one meetings to provide timely feedback to all the Direct Reports
- Conducting performance appraisals
- Team motivation and engagement
- Should be responsible for work allocation to the team members
- Ensuring the team members is able to meet their professional as well as personal growth
- Ensuring all team member concerns are addressed on a timely manner.
- Appropriate planning of time-offs for the team
- Should be able to generate efficiencies within the team and effective utilization of resources
- Coordinating with the onshore team on Migrations.
- The process involves middle office functions for various derivative products
- Taking ownership for all the deliverables being sent out by the team with proper review checks
- Ensuring back-ups are in place for a smoother process flow in case of absences in the team
- Should have the ability to maintain various MIS reports and should ensure timely completion of all the MIS and other adhoc reports to be submitted to management
- Liaising effectively with team members, internal groups and external counterparties to resolve discrepancies in a timely and efficient manner
- Should be able to handle critical queries/issues and escalate on a timely manner
- Ensuring deliverables are adhered to as per agreed SLAs
- Ensuring the team’s full adherence to the updated procedure documents
- Should be capable of adding and reviewing various control checks
- Understand and minimize risks associated with breaks and trade mismatches
- Issue escalation and resolution on a timely manner
- Respond quickly and accurately to queries in a high volume, time sensitive trading environment
- Prioritize time accordingly to action trade breaks by timelines
- Developing action plans for resolution of outstanding issues
- Ability to work on ad-hoc activities
- Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role
- Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled
- Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties
- Reports to Section Manager / Operations Manager
- Approachable and able to promote teamwork through creative solutions
- Good analytical, numerical and reasoning skills
- Time management and delegation skills
- Deep understanding of process and process improvement
- Excellent English, grammar, written and oral communication skills
- Adaptive, flexible style with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills, detail and results oriented
- Self-starter with the ability to lead and motivate the team in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience in Financial Services environment, preferably, 3 years in OTC Back office and Middle office functions
- Experience with Hedge Funds, Investment Management and/or Financial Services strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or a quantitative discipline. Masters’ degree would be an advantage
- Business exposure to different OTC structured products like CDS, IRS, TRS, Options, etc.
- Internal candidates must meet the IJP eligibility requirements of Northern Trust
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.