Consultant, Accounting Compliance & Reporting
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join a global network that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and web-based tools to help you execute your job.
In one country or many, you have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the compliance function, with tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation and tax accounting calculation support.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend your time supporting client engagements by coordinating with clients and internal team members, managing deadlines, and tracking engagement economics. You’ll also be tasked with identifying and resolving technical issues, as well as sharing insights that will improve our processes and overall efficiency.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ensuring integrity of financial statements for both US and Local GAAPs accounting and reporting
- Performing analysis of legal entity results; preparing general ledger (G/L) account reconciliations and legal entity administration
- Maintaining accounting records under both US and local GAAPs and preparing financial statements based on country requirements
- Maintaining effective procedures of risk identification. Ensure appropriate risk mitigation and remediation of control gaps.
- Supporting engagement with Internal Control &Compliance team to educate the country team on compliance matters and ensure a culture of compliance.
- Ensuring adherence to accounting policies and schedules
To qualify for the role you must have
- A diploma / degree in economics, finance, tax or accounting; a CPA or similar certification
- At least 1 year or 3 years (for Consultant) of relevant experience
- Familiarity with US and international accounting standards
- Good verbal / written communication skills
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Coordination and prioritisation, resourceful
- Independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent team player
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Experience and knowledge of tax compliance, financial reporting and ERP systems such as SAP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.