Finance Manager | Shared Services Finance | Dubai
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
As a member of SSF management team– To support the GM-AFSS/AGM and to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures with major emphasis on (a) Quality of Financial books (b) periodical books closing and reporting (c) IFRS compliance (d) General Ledger Reconciliations & Review (e) Audit and Tax compliance
- Financial accounting
- General Ledger reconciliations & Schedule Review
- Reconciliation of GL Accounts, preparing ‘action-triggering’ schedules and taking timely action to resolve any issues
- Lead and Facilitate Monthly / Quarterly / Annual books closing
- Audit & Tax: Lead and guide the smooth completion of Annual/Semi Annual Audit and Ensure the Tax and Legal Compliance
- Insurance: Review of insurance coverage and ensuring the Insurance compliance
- Bank/Cash: Review of Bank Accounts and Cash Clearings and ensuring the timely completion
- Intercompany and Intercompany: Review of all Intercompany and Intra company transactions and Balances, ensuring the accounting and settlement is completed appropriately and reconciled
- Job holder is required to interact with GM/AGM– AFSS; Location Managers and Divisional Heads – requires good communications skills
- Understanding of systems (SAP and Policy / Procedures) is crucial both for determining applicability and relevance as well as for designing verification procedures and processes that are meant to highlight exceptions
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Chartered Accountant (or similar qualification)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and interact well
- 7-9 years of similar experience, with a good knowledge of ERP systems.
- Good accounting (IFRS) knowledge
- Preferably worked with Big4 audit firms
- Process oriented
- Well organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Should possess a good knowledge of excel and have prior experience in working with large databases. presentation skills
- Exposure to ERP. (Preferably SAP) and SAP BW/ BPC
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.