About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Administrator to join our Finance & Accounting team to work in Coleshill.
- The main purpose is to assist with the management of resource related costs, including all plant costs relating to the plant yard and site personnel costs. To act as the link between the project finance team and project resources team.
What you'll be doing
As a Cost Administrator you will:
- Cost transfer between the different SB3 projects and the SB3 Plant Yard;
- Gather, record and distribute delivery/collection notes relating to the SB3 Plant Yard;
- Manage the stock module (receipts, issuing, returns) with Oracle system;
- Assist with the management of plant/equipment and spare parts costs chase missing orders, approve invoices;
- Keep a track of all indents, orders raised and invoices against them;
- Keep a track of new starters/leavers on the project, record hours of off-site staff, cross check timesheets;
- Administrator project timesheet portal;
- Play an active part in continuous improvement of the SB3 Resources Team and SB3 Plant Yards processes;
- Support the SB3 Finance & Resources Team with additional duties when required.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Stock or Purchase Ledger knowledge and understanding;
- The candidate should have good communication skills for liaising with internal and external parties frequently via telephone and email;
- Knowledge of R12 Oracle would be preferable but training on this will be given;
- Previous experience of Using Microsoft Office packages, including Excel is required;
- The candidate will be working in a busy environment on site where time is of the essence therefore, they should be able to work to strict timetables whilst maintaining a keen eye for detail.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering offers a range of services across the construction sector, from piled foundations to ground improvement, testing and analysis. We have established our reputation through our integrated design approach to every project, from the small to the very large.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.