VAT Enquiries Consultant
2 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We're looking for a VAT professional to join the existing team. The ideal candidate will have a solid grounding in general VAT from working in practice, industry or HMRC. You will hold a recognised professional qualification or the equivalent gained by experience. You will work within a team environment with the opportunity to generate consultancy commission and cross referrals for the business.
My client provides tax fee protection insurance to firms of accountants. With a turnover of £22M, 120 employees and 4000+ accountancy clients they are proud to be the market leaders in tax investigation insurance.
This is a superb place to work if you love solving problems, enjoy a challenge and have genuine enthusiasm for overcoming obstacles and learning, you'll love it. Your people and technical skills will be tested every day. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow and you'll really make a difference to all sorts of people.
- To manage a case load of insured and uninsured VAT compliance cases, which involves:
- Providing background technical and tactical assistance to our clients (accountants and tax agents)
- Drafting letters to HMRC on behalf of clients
- Drafting technical opinions where necessary
- Full case management responsibility including liaising with HMRC to bring VAT compliance cases to a close.
- Attendance at Alternative Dispute Resolution meetings
- Making arrangements and case management in relation to Tribunal hearings (providing representation at tribunal is dependent upon experience)
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge in respect of all areas of VAT, including keeping up to date with the appropriate legislation and developments in law;
- Identifying business development opportunities in order to grow the consultancy client base and provide additional consultancy services.
- Assisting the business with provision of marketing material which may be required to promote our services
- Any other duties that are deemed appropriate from time to time in line with the Job Summary.
The ideal candidate will have a solid grounding in general VAT from working in practice, industry or HMRC. You will hold a recognised professional qualification or the equivalent gained by experience
Flexible working arrangements including home working
Flexible on Location
£40,000 - £50,000