Consulting Senior - FSO - Credit Risk
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Advisory Senior, Financial Services Risk Management, Capital Management and Credit Risk - Regulatory
We help the world’s largest financial institutions navigate the intricate regulatory environment to effectively manage and assess capital in support of their ongoing strategies. More than ever, financial institutions are investing in enhancing their regulatory capital capabilities to make better business decisions, presenting us with the unique opportunity to rally together to help our clients solve their most complex challenges.
You will support diverse client engagement teams to help our clients with a broad range of advisory services and provide meaningful insights across financial subject matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll also work on challenging projects alongside some of the most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues in the business.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend most of your time teaming with regulatory and industry professionals to develop and deliver a wide range of tailored strategies and solutions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Supporting a team of professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Providing constructive feedback and coaching to junior team members, and fostering an innovative and inclusive, team-oriented work environment
- Cultivating and maintaining client relationships
- Demonstrating teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and staying abreast of industry trends relevant to client's business
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
- Developing technical capabilities in a wide range of subjects across the end-to-end regulatory capital process, including Basel and relevant regulation, capital calculations, controls, governance structures, reporting, and capital efficiency
- Assisting with business development activities including key go-to-market efforts (e.g., proposals, marketing materials) for related topics.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, engineering or a related discipline; an MBA or master’s is a plus
- More than three years of relevant experience in a regulatory capital domain (Basel, economic capital, financial planning and analysis, etc.), or a graduate degree and at least two years of related work experience
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth technical capabilities and industry knowledge Ability to quickly assimilate to new information, regulatory requirements and industry-leading practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs. A valid driver’s license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel internationally
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Consulting, stress testing, regulatory or Rating Agency experience, or accounting/control function experience
- Strong quantitative and technology skills
What we look for
If you’re a natural leader, with a talent for answering and communicating complex client problems, we’re interested in you. You’ll need to be great at influencing people, ready to listen and confident in challenging the status quo. If you’ve a genuine passion for helping businesses address their most pressing problems, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.