QA Consultant, Officer
The centralized Quality Assurance (QA) team assesses the quality and consistency of execution of key non-financial risk management program components across the First and Second Lines of Defense. The QA Consultant (Officer) will be responsible for the execution of QA processes across several areas relating to the Compliance Oversight Program including Compliance Risk Monitoring & Testing (CRMT), Integrated Non-Financial Risk Assessments (INFRA), Regulatory Change Management, Process & Control Reviews, Controls Documentation, and Issues Management. The successful candidate will provide assurance that QA processes are performed in line with established procedures.
The ideal candidate has experience in risk assessments and internal controls, as well as experience in a compliance and / or audit function within the Financial Services sector. They possess strong management and coordination capabilities and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Support in articulating concepts in, and findings that deviate from, the established standards while educating stakeholders on how to apply requirements going forward
- Brainstorm ways for the QA function to adapt and execute on new ideas to continue to innovate
- Build a strong working knowledge of all non-financial risk management program components while gaining knowledge of various businesses/products/functions of State Street
- Assist in facilitating on-the-job coaching and training to promote a culture of continuous improvement; develop and assist in delivering clear and concise feedback in order to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues across all levels of management
- Gain exposure to senior management and build relationships across the First and Second Line of Defense
- Assist the QA Lead and Methodology Team with management requests or other initiatives as needed which may include specialized analysis of controls or other specific risks
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
The following are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance/accounting
- Minimum of 2-4 years relevant work experience with risk assessment, internal controls, compliance or audit function within the Financial Services sector
- 2+ years of institutional knowledge preferred
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Customer focus and client relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
The following certifications are a plus:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Other similar certifications
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.