Information Technology Program Management Office/ Project Manager, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The PMO under the COO for Global Technology Services is responsible for ensuring that all IT organizations are equipped with the governance framework and tools to deliver IT services timely and cost effectively. The PMO will be devising and implementing a standard governance framework that follows industry best practices of IT program and project management across all GTS functions. This role will help establish the target operating and interaction model of all PMOs in GTS specifically focused on operationalizing our process for deferral management across the GTS Portfolio. The candidate will provide skills and training by serving as a subject matter expert in the deferral accounting management remit, manage knowledge and provide process and procedure to manage independent assurance. The right candidate will help standardize the portfolio-related governance processes in this domain and facilitate the sharing of resources, methodologies, tools, and techniques across GTS, as well as contribute to the development of performance metrics and a methodology to report on these metrics to senior leadership.
What you will be responsible for
As the GTS IT PMO Project Manager - AVP you will
- Define the deferral program/project management standard processes, tools, templates and techniques
- Assess current state environment in all GTS portfolios
- Implement standard minimum governance practices where gaps exist
- Perform ongoing assessment of adherence to standards by GTS PMOs through analysis, stakeholder interviews and workshops
- Develop metrics of adherence to minimum governance standards by GTS PMOs
- Define reporting on metrics to senior leadership
- Familiar with IT portfolio management tools (i.e. Clarity or other PPM solutions)
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Program / Project management background with minimum 5-7 years’ experience including deferral accounting and portfolio financial governance
- Strong competency in analyzing requirements and translating them into an end product
- Experience with target operating model design and implementation
- IT portfolio management experience
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Experience presenting changes to operating model to large audience of stakeholders
- Experience with managing stakeholders in a matrixed organization
- Knowledge of project management discipline and techniques with emphasis on portfolio management financials as they pertain to net vs gross (e.g., Cost Management)
- Familiar with SDLC (e.g. Iterative/Agile development and Waterfall)
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
- Capable of unrelenting drive
- Strong track record as a relationship builder with effective negotiation skills and proven interpersonal communication skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (or Master’s Degree)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with intimate knowledge of program / portfolio management and governance within IT
- PMP Certification is a plus
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.