Head of Regulatory Support, VP
Who we are looking for
The role will be responsible for reviewing and assessing the impact of AML/CFT regulatory changes, or related initiatives, for the Ireland Transfer Agency business. This will include working with operations to assess the practical implications of these changes, assisting in the update of procedures and policies, as required, to ensure compliance with our obligations. The role will also provide support and technical expertise to our clients in meeting their own regulatory obligations. It will also provide support and guidance for State Street’s overall implementation of regulatory change throughout the business and with clients to the extent that it impacts the Transfer Agency.
While this role will in the first instance support SSFSIL Transfer Agency operation and their clients, the individual will also play an important role in ensuring that State Street Transfer Agency teams globally adopt common standards and processes in this area.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration, and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity, and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Regulatory Support, VP you will
- Remain fully abreast of AML/CFT regulatory changes and initiatives impacting SSFSIL’s Transfer Agency business
- Provide guidance and support to the operations team on the practical implementation of these changes to ensure our regulatory obligations are met.
- Providing AML updates to senior management
- Consulting with colleagues in other State Street offices to help develop consistent AML rules, processes, and procedures.
- Providing reporting and assessment of AML matters to SSFSIL clients.
- Liaising with the industry on new AML regulations and providing guidance on current and proposed AML regulations to management company clients and State Street senior management
- Provide support to Registration in the development and delivery of AML/CFT training.
- Collaborate with the Head of Operations / Registration in self-identification of issues and/or recording and remediation of known issues and reporting to Senior Management. Reporting to include, if applicable, pertinent details about material issues, regulatory findings, ongoing investigations, and exams/other initiatives.
- Review and consider whether the AML/CFT function is adequately resourced (both in terms of staff and systems).
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Attention to detail and concern for quality
- Excellent communication, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to proactively work under own initiative
- Business-related degree preferable.
- Post-graduate qualifications in Compliance, Risk, Audit subjects an advantage
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.