Project Accountant - Acquisitions 12M FTC
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a fully qualified accountant to join our Ventures & Acquisitions team in Accenture. If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. You will be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
Contributing to the successful finance integration arising from Ventures and Acquisitions activity:
- Responsible for providing Finance support globally across Countries impacted by V&A activity.
- Help manage the transition to SAP through ensuring requirements of the business operating model are met and assisting with the affiliate accounting process through the post-close, pre-SAP cutover time period
- Work closely with tax and controllership teams across Accenture to ensure efficient integration of back office operations of acquired entities into Accenture standard practices
- Reconciliation of statutory financial statements to US GAAP opening balance sheet and affiliate accounting for acquired entities
- Design and implement solutions to integrate accounting for non-SAP entities
- Provide finance / controllership support to local legal teams on liquidation of acquired entities
- Preparation of financial statements of acquired entities for independent audit
- Create standardised process through working on existing and upcoming acquisitions.
- Maintain documentation and learnings from prior acquisitions to further finance excellence
- Ensure data retention compliance
- Ability to work collaboratively across Finance organisation to achieve results
- In-depth knowledge of General Ledger principles, policies and procedures
- Strong technical accounting knowledge around acquisition accounting
- Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Strong ownership mentality with initiative and high quality work standard
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively - reliable with "can do" attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) and experience with financial management systems and office automation applications
- Project management
- SAP financials
- Fluency in English
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional accountancy qualification, preferably ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- 5+ years of progressive financial accounting experience
- Acquisition accounting and finance integration experience
- Statutory accounts preparation experience
- Experience working with SAP Financials an advantage
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and experience of IFRS an advantage
- Liquidation experience an advantage
- Corporation Tax experience an advantage
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.