Governance Director in Liquidity and Funding Controllers
3 days left
- Experience level
The Liquidity and Funding Controller (LFC) team is responsible for preparing, calculating, reviewing and filing both the internal and external liquidity and funding reporting returns required by the Federal Reserve, Prudential Regulation Authority and European Banking Authority. The main clients of the team are Corporate Treasury and Bank Resource Management, who jointly manage the Liquidity and Funding needs of the business, as well as close interaction with Legal Entity Controllers, Global Product Controllers and IT.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and a first-hand insight into our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal training program
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and inclusive environment, we accept individual differences and use them to better our work environment and culture
- A balance between personal and professional lifestyles, including flexible working opportunities such as work from home arrangements
- High specification office space with leading technologies, collaborative working spaces and wellbeing facilities including an onsite fitness suite
- Manage, execute & deliver on the BCBS239 Risk Data Aggregation Compliance Programme for liquidity reporting, including initial & ongoing authoritative data lineage verification
- Review the implementation of complex liquidity reporting interpretations as well as the ongoing relevancy of historical complex interpretations
- Co-ordinate the ongoing programme of liquidity education
- Assist with internal & external assurance requests
- Assist with managing the Liquidity & Funding Controllers Policy Framework
- Develop collaborative working relationships with a range of stakeholders across different departments and regions #LI-RG1
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks, and responsibilities may change in line with the team and business needs
- Accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA or CIMA) or relevant degree/equivalent experience
- A track record of building effective working relationships with a variety of different stakeholders
- The ability to work to tight deadlines in a dynamic, challenging environment covering complex subject matter
- Excellent communication skills including ability to escalate effectively and in a timely manner
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and an ability to summarise data/themes in a meaningful format
You may also have:
- Relevant work experience in the financial services industry (Financial/Product Control or Treasury/Funding) is preferred
About us: Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career-minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.