Oversight & Control - Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
Looking for a Business risk management professional to support the Project & Change implementation team for GD & IS Business risk management.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Business Risk Management (BRM), which is a valued partner to the business in the identification, assessment & mitigation of risk using Project management tools & Change implementation framework which enable a balance of commercial considerations with the risk excellence objectives established by business leadership.
What you will be responsible for:
- Support program/policy implementation like regulatory change management, other project management tasks like global PMO for Institutional Services (IS) & Global Delivery (GD) Business risk management (FLOD)
- Work with Business risk management team members & other SMEs to provide qualitive analysis of emerging risk trends
- Liaise with Compliance & Risk departments to ensure a seamless integration of State Street’s controls framework for IS & GD
- Support the development & execution of IS & GD project/program management function
- Perform control assessments to determine regulatory & policy compliance. As needed, collaborate with the business-aligned Compliance Managers or Business executives to better understand the applicable regulatory requirements & policy.
- Build business knowledge of both operational & technical components to support business SMEs
- Act as an advisor in risk assessment & controls development for operational risk, regulatory risk, emerging risk, & fraud risk.
- Work with the Business risk team members & as necessary with first line business process owners to complete end to end business process enhancements
- Support Conflicts of Interest (COI) & Ethics requirements – co-chair sub-committees
- Coordinate client communications with Client Service & Relationship management teams
- Monitor & report remediation steps & corrective action plans from control/risk review findings to implementation
- Other tasks as required
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience in the financial services sector, or risk management or audit activities
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to manage ambiguity, ask the right questions to obtain clear answers
- Attention to details & accuracy
- Good organizational & time management skills, ability to manage own time to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to exercise professional skepticism
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency with MS office suite
- Solution oriented & collaborative team player
- Shit Timing : EMEA shift – 14:00 to 23:00 PM IST
- Work Location : Bengaluru
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Finance, Accountancy, Business, or related field
- 5 - 7 years overall work experience with at least 3 years in internal controls, accounting, risk / project management
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- Intermediate Excel & advanced PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate swiftly & meaningfully with Senior Leadership members
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers & asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard & steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading & investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live & Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive & comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance & savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. & our wealth of development programs & educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity & Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences & perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive & reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization & our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner & a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional & personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program & access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.