Tax Services Manager - GCR - EDGE - NTD - Global Payroll Operate Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: NEW YORK, BOSTON, WASHINGTON DC, ATLANTA, CHICAGO, MINNEAPOLIS, DALLAS, HOUSTON, SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES
Tax Services Manager – National Tax – EDGE – Global Compliance & Reporting – Global Payroll Operate
Ernst & Young LLP’s National Tax and EY EDGE practices are made up of teams of professionals providing specific tax technical services to US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes the EY organization in the marketplace.
Our Global Payroll Operate practice focuses on helping our clients effectively manage their global payroll needs proactively and responsibly in 150+ countries. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their payroll functions. We believe that by managing clients’ payroll obligations, we can make a critical difference, and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive local payroll service experience with a standard global payroll compliance and implementation methodology. With engagements involving a few countries or many, you will have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the payroll function across the entire process.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager in Payroll Operate, you will help lead new sales and opportunities and oversee the servicing of multi-country payroll operate (MCPO) services. You will supervise the design, implementation, and operation of global MCPO services for our medium and small clients.
- Be the lead engagement manager for mid-sized clients and implementations
- Manage global MCPO delivery for multiple clients
- Manage client escalations and ask/refer to senior team members for help
- Complete root cause analysis
- Know and utilize global methodology payroll leading practices
- Be involved in thought leadership development
- Provide/drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Leverage Global Payroll Operate tools, technology, methodology, and processes
Skills and attributes for success:
- Ability to implement centrally managed global outsourcing model, leveraging the global payroll tools to provide clients with greater control, visibility, and compliance for their global payroll
- Governance of payroll operations: lead the team utilizing one global methodology to track the end-to-end process and provide subsidiary governance throughout our client life cycle to mitigate risk, increase corporate transparency, increase compliance and achieve the leveraging of key data insights
- Managing, coaching, and developing a team of senior and staff professionals
- Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability, and attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and client service skills
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant post-graduate qualification, preferably with an emphasis in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Six or more years of relevant payroll and/or tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
- Certified payroll professional (CPP) or equivalent
- Global payroll consulting experience, knowledge of technology vendors, such as ADP, PeopleSoft/Oracle, SAP, Workday, and other technology solutions, including reports, strategies, assessments, vendor selections, designing processes considering risk, and implementing solutions worldwide
- Strong numbers acumen, including analytical abilities and knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills with a proactive approach to problem-solving and attention to detail
- Client-facing exposure in a global role
- Project management experience with global or multinational payroll projects
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Project management professional (PMP)
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development opportunities and experiences with clients across geographies. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused global payroll operate team, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.