Quantitative Analyst - Finance
As a member of Finance, you will be responsible for supporting the development of analytical tools and conduct data analysis to help support decision making by Senior Management. In this highly visible role, you will have exposure to Northern Trust’s Senior Leaders within the Business Lines and Corporate Finance. This entry level role is a great opportunity for self-starters and entrepreneurial college graduates, who look to gain skills and experience in data analysis, coding, and finance. Students graduating by Spring 2022 are also encouraged to apply.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Aid in the development of new tools to automate the execution of analysis and reporting
- Support the development and execution of quantitative methodologies
- Perform data analysis and create data visualization solutions
- Design innovative solutions to analytical problems
- Design solutions to improve efficiencies and simplify processes
- Partner with other quantitative group to ensure sound analysis and assumptions are developed
- Responsible for conducting ad hoc analysis to aid Senior Management and executive committees in their decision making process
- Participate in and lead group discussions on projects
- Communicate analysis in a clear and concise manner to Senior Management, peers, and external regulators
- Develop robust documentation to support key assumptions, frameworks and processes
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, Finance, Accounting, or other analytical areas of study
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Self-motivated and detail orientated
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain technical topics to non-quantitative partners
- No prior experience needed
- Exposure to python or other coding language is a plus
- Advanced excel skills is a plus
What you will learn about:
- Treasury’s role and function
- Global financial markets
- Financial analysis and reporting
- Data visualization and business intelligence (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Modern quantitative methods (Machine Learning, Neural Networks, etc.)
- Advanced Excel
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.