Junior Administrator (Private Equity)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The key tasks for this role will be to assist in all aspects of the administration for a wide range of onshore and offshore fund vehicles which include trusts, limited partnerships and companies.
The key responsibilities of the role includes:
- Effective communication with client, investors and other associated parties (based worldwide)
- Dealing with investor queries in an efficient and timely manner
- Client reporting
Purchase and Sale of Investments
- Implements approval process effectively
- Review of documentation / record maintenance
- Implementation of payment / receipt of funds procedure
- Correctly records receipt of documents of title and able to reconcile on a timely basis (safe custody)
- Correctly records the receipt of funds
- Understands purpose of holding companies
- Preparation of asset reconciliations
Bookkeeping / Cash Management
- Understands basic bookkeeping
- Liaises with senior staff on complex transactions
- Understands cash management procedures for specific entities
- Able to reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Able to prepare cash reports on a monthly basis
- Understands the call/distribution process
- Able to calculate the call/distribution amounts for recommendation by client
- Liaises with client and investors regarding receipt/payment of monies
- Liaises with financial institutions receiving or making payment of funds
- Reviews and maintains records
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- The ideal candidate will be qualified to “A” Levels or equivalent and have exposure to working in an office environment
- Ability to be proactive and multi task
- Experience in financial services would be highly desirable
- Demonstrate strong Time Management & Organisational skills
- Effective Communication skills (Verbal & Written) with fluent command of the English language
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills (Not essential)
- Good PC Skills (required)
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.