Sr. Analyst, Procurement Demand Mgmt
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
The Sr. Analyst on the Procurement Demand Management team is responsible for partnering with Global Procurement, the Business Units, and Finance to attain expense reductions through business unit sponsored initiatives, negotiated savings, post sourcing savings, financial analysis and continuous process improvements.
- Partners with category managers, product managers, business partners, and technical staff to understand requirements and various levels of complexity.
- In addition to interacting with multiple business partners, the role requires interacting with suppliers to develop category sourcing strategies and overall supplier relationship(s).
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentorship to direct reports and other team members
- Plan and coordinate ongoing supplier strategic relationship reviews
- Develops category sourcing strategies and overall supplier relationship(s); providing input to pricing discussions
- The Sr. Consultant will review and assess contracts, sourcing plans, demand, usage, and forecasting to create financial models.
- Leads the collection and analysis of data, and may assist pricing discussions & negotiations.
- Review reports and analyze to determine impacts, issues, and opportunities. Provide KPIs and metrics.
- Responsible for creating and measuring value for the sourcing process and analytics.
- Plan and identifies improvements to existing processes to further gain operational efficiency and productivity.
- Lead meetings in conjunction with Global Procurement and Corporate & Shared Services Finance team to analyze and review supplier spend
- Plan and execute special projects and/or process improvement initiatives
- Develop, present, ad-hoc products
- Serve as the point of contact for specific supplier relationships, across multiple business units and service areas
- Creates suggestions for improvements of global policies, programs and processes
- Carries out activities with financial, vendor, and/or internal business impact
Knowledge/ Skills & Qualifications required
- Prior experience with Financial Analysis (planning, forecasting, projections). Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning skills
- Strong technical knowledge of business tools and applications (i. e. Business Intelligence, Financial tools, MS Office 365)
- Ability to lead others. Uses expertise to provide guidance to others as a project manager or consultant.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations. Provides a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Works on projects and develops project leadership skills
- Solves problems in straightforward situations
- Analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong understanding of process and process improvement
- Approachable and able to promote teamwork through creative solutions
- Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and clients.
- A College or University degree in Business, Accounting, Finance and seven to ten years relevant work experience. knowledge of Sourcing or Procurement is a plus.
- Financial analysis and modeling experience required
- Ideal candidate should have a Finance almost forensic accounting type work experience that has analytics and metrics as key responsibilities.
- Professional certifications are a plus.