Consultant - Fund Accounting
3 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are
Our core principles of service, expertise and integrity have guided us from our start as a Chicago bank in 1889 to our position as a multi-faceted global financial services provider. Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.
Our focus on employee work/life balance, diversity, career mobility and unique opportunities are among the reasons we’ve been named one of America's Best Large Employers and recognized as an employer of choice around the world.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986.
About the role
This role is part of the Australia Investment Accounting (AIA) team in Melbourne. You will be responsible for oversight of the Unit Pricing and Unit Registry function for all AIA Clients. Unit Pricing is completed in Chicago, Bangalore and Manila, with the Melbourne office completing final sign-off and providing a first point of contact for the client. The Consultant will be required to work closely with the AIA teams in all three locations and to work closely with the external clients. In addition the role has responsibility over the Hard Close / month end process.
The consultant will also be involved in implementation of new clients along with restructures and transitions for existing clients.
What you will do
- Ensure timely and accurate reports to AIA clients
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency, direct liaison with clients whilst supporting the team manager in ensuring operational efficiency
- Ensure Management Reporting data is complete and accurate
- Complete Hard Close / month end process in Melbourne while working on streamlining the process
- Liaise professionally with Internal Departments, Chicago, Manila and Bangalore Unit Pricing, Bangalore Unit Registry, Auditors, and other internal teams
- Communicate effectively both orally & in written form with internal departments and external bodies
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client and/or internal business impact
- Previous unit pricing experience; you will be technically sound in this area of expertise and have broader knowledge of other areas.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables, with a mature approach.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Numerical and computer literacy (including spreadsheet skills) – (e.g. Excel, Word).
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required; ability to demonstrate innovation.
As of June 30, 2021, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $15.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $12.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.5 trillion in assets under management
- $172 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.