Financial Compliance Analyst/Associate
Purpose of Job Function and General Responsibilities:
The Financial Compliance Analyst is the link between the RSS Finance Compliance organization Group Financial Compliance (LAI), Global Business Process Management team and local affiliates. He/She has a strong understanding of the business and finance processes and in general his/her main responsibilities are:
Stakeholder Management and Shared Service Activities
- Working as the first point of contact for local employees regarding Authorization request related questions and ICFR/SoD Management,
- Supporting the coordination, planning and execution (i.e. peer testing) of the Global Financial Compliance Organization testing procedures (Operating and Design Effectiveness Testing)
- Carry out assessment/reviews on a required basis and based on findings, identifying process or business control improvement opportunities, initiating improvement opportunity discussion with stakeholders and/or process owners
- Responsible to support / provide training/guidance to address updates on Internal Controls in the RSS and affiliate in collaboration with the Line Manager
- Maintain/Update documentation to ensure that all Compliance related checklists, manuals and procedural documents are updated and reflect current department/team practices
Segregation of Duties (SoD) and ICFR (Internal Control over Financial Reporting) Management
- Review of new access requests to ensure Segregation of Duties (SoD) is adequately enforced,
- Weekly review of Global SoD Dashboard and close follow up on actions and communications to impacted user’s
- Monitoring and maintaining proper control information/description as made available in the relevant control monitoring tools (BWise, SAP GRC, etc.)
- Recording and resolving ICFR,SoD and access request related issues
- Participate in system/business process improvement projects to help ensure that adequate internal controls are built into the processes (on a as needed basis)
- Interfacing between the local affiliate and local external auditor, internal auditors and Group Financial Compliance (LAI), when required
- Support CSA (Controls Self-Assessment) yearly process by ensuring appropriate ownership is included in BWise, coordinating and communicating with the local ICFR key contacts about the questionnaire completion requirements.
- Be a key partner to the affiliates and RSS in the development of action plans for control execution and design issues.
- Supports the Review and Annual Updates of SoD and ICFR Controls in Bwise (Controls Management tool) or as required in collaboration with the GBPMs and LAI.
SAP Authorization and User Maintenance
- The Support of SAP end - users in resolving arising user access and authorization role related issues,
- SAP access management support for missing or locked users and advisory on missing role/ job function assignment,
- Raising requests to 2nd Level Support for user creation / unlocking / change of user parameters (if needed)
- Collect all relevant information for raised issues, analyze root cause and preparing solution proposals to 2nd Level Support (if needed)
- Engage continuously with key members of the team to understand/identify process improvement opportunities,
- Collaborate with the ICFR Compliance Lead/HOD to determine the key Improvement projects for implementation, make appropriate recommendation and be a key part of the solution provision activities,
- Plan, manage and carry out reviews and continuous monitoring of in scope entities business processes managed by the SSC
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or above (preferably accounting, finance or related majors)
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in financial and process compliance reviews (For Senior Financial Compliance Analyst)
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in financial and process compliance reviews (For Financial Compliance Analyst) Note: Applications by individuals with less than 2 years’ experience will be at the Associate Compliance Analyst level.
- Fundamental understanding of SAP Role authorization support will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, influence and lead both with and without authority
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of processes, practices, and procedures to support the completion of difficult assignments.
- Ability to foster and sustain strong interpersonal relationships with stakeholders and a strong team player.
Who we are
At Roche, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity. Roche Diagnostics is committed to create a great place to work for its employees and in 2015 we have been accredited as Regional Best Employer Asia Pacific by Aon Hewitt. Individual Best Employer Awards were awarded in Singapore, Korea, China and India.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.