Derivatives Operations Specialist, Associate 1
Who we are looking for:
Are you interested in developing a career in financial markets and derivatives products?
This position is an opportunity for an A1 entry-level to work in an exciting environment within the OTC Derivatives in Kilkenny. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain extensive knowledge of a wide range of derivatives products & OTC markets supporting the global OTC trading books.
The role involves daily interaction with various internal teams, brokers, custodian banks, and clients with the overall goal of providing timely support and resolution of all trade-related inquiries and trade processing.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration, and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity, and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Derivatives Specialist, Associate 1 you will:
- Carry out core processing activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure all transactions are booked within various systems and communicated to third parties.
- Research and resolve exceptions, reconciliations, incorrect transactions, and issues.
- Receive and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and communicate effectively with the clients when necessary.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
- Escalate unresolved issues as needed for support in solving issues with a sense of urgency.
- Be accountable for the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of results.
- Be expected to understand the basic principles of the process.
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches, and suspicious activities.
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to take ownership and initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy and quality.
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate in a team.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Level of education - university students or graduates.
- Previous experience in banking or finance will be an advantage.
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities.
- Working knowledge of software packages particularly Microsoft Excel.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to a flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, a matching gift program, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.