Client Accounting Solutions Officer
Purpose of the job
To provide day-to-day bookkeeping for a client base comprising trusts, companies, partnerships and foundations. To maintain a basic broad knowledge of company and trust administration in relation to accounting and bookkeeping procedures and an astute awareness of money laundering and regulatory issues.
To manage the bookkeeping of a varied portfolio of simple and complex structures, including private clients, real estate, corporate and employee benefit trusts.
- To maintain a wide and detailed knowledge and understanding of bookkeeping generally, to include anti- money laundering, compliance and relevant legislation.
- To work with the senior client manager to ensure that workloads are completed to the highest possible standards, within the agreed timescales and that the objectives of the team are fulfilled.
- To develop working relationships with relevant clients, auditors and contacts within the Ocorian, where appropriate.
- To seek to provide innovative and practical answers to queries, being alert to both commercial concerns and technical accuracy.
- To share business knowledge where necessary and build relationships with other team members and Ocorian staff.
- CPD for bookkeeping staff is encouraged in Ocorian Group (Jersey) Ltd.
- Any other such duties that might be reasonably required for this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A good level of technical bookkeeping knowledge, to include experience in bookkeeping, in the offshore industry.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
- Professional manner with the ability to relate to persons at all levels, and to identify clients’ needs, responding to these quickly and effectively. To ensure absolute compliance with KYC procedures in order to maintain knowledge of client business.
- Technical knowledge as above, including detailed knowledge of the trust company’s software and systems. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- A positive attitude and strong team player skills.