Senior Officer Client Accounting
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide support and assistance to the Directors, Managers and Administrators in connection to the services provided by Ocorian. This will involve:
– Managing the preparation of clients' financial statements, tax returns and any other financial reports as may be required.
– Ensuring smooth running of the operation through the supervision of team other team members
– Take responsibility for an allocated portfolio of clients.
– Ensure overall quality of bookkeeping, financial statements, management accounts and other financial reports are up to required standards at all times.
– Liaise with clients to ensure efficient delivery of output and client service expectations.
– Review bank and any other reconciliation.
– Review VAT, TDS returns and Tax Computations for clients as prepared by Senior Accountants / Accountants / Assistant Accountants / Junior Accountants.
– Ensure that financial statements, tax returns and other statutory returns are filed within deadlines.
– Review the work of, provide guidance and constructive feedback to Senior Accountants / Accountants / Assistant Accountants/ Junior Accountants.
– Liaise with the Auditors and administrators to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables.
– Communicate effectively with the Accounting team to ensure that they are aware of deadlines and expectations in terms of timing.
– Monitor and control the workload of the team.
– Ensure that Ocorian policy and procedures are adhered to.
– Be aware of risk exposure and promptly escalate issues arising to other members of the Management team.
– Take ownership of various aspects of team management, including involvement in the annual staff appraisal process as appropriate, holiday management, personal and professional development of team members.
– Oversee the work of Senior Accountants / Accountants / Assistant Accountants/ Junior Accountants and liaise with administration teams to determine and prioritise client deadlines.
– Assist with the budgeting process and monitor staff workload, chargeable hours and their comparison with budget.
– Act as main accounting point of contact with key client personnel.
– ACCA/ACA fully qualified or be suitably qualified by virtue of relevant experience.
– Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience with exposure to Global Businesses.
– At least 5 years’ experience in preparing accounts, especially for companies holding a Global Business Licence.
– 2 years’ post qualification experience would be desirable.
– Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS.
– Strong IT skills. (Knowledge of Advanced Excel will be an advantage)
– Willingness to learn and master NAV, Efront systems and Value Financials software.
– Proven People Management/ Supervisory skills with minimum of 2 years of experience at Supervisory level.
– Strong technical skills in the relevant area.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and any other stakeholders.
– Able to work using own initiative.
– Ability to lead, motivate, listen and coach staff under supervision.
– Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
– Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
– A solution driven attitude to problems.
– Good organisational skills and ability to work methodically and accurately.
– Possess excellent time management skills.
– Team spirit.
Apply for Senior Officer Client Accounting
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly