Senior Analyst Business Partnering
*This will be a 9-month max term/secondment opportunity*
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Enterprise Services (ES) delivers the Group’s information technology and banking operations functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
ES Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the ES division.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Enterprise Services Finance’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
Your team forms part of the wider ES Finance Team of approximately 90 people and provides business partnering and financial management services to Enterprise Services and Business Unit CIOs.
Your team’s primary role is to:
- Provide insights, analysis, and advice in relation to past and future financial performance
- Provide robust financial control and effective management reporting
- Provide decision support and reporting for ES strategic initiatives and investment programs
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights to drive better business outcomes, including cost optimisation and simplification
- Provide guidance and advice to the business leaders on the financial performance of the business, the financial plans and forecasts, and the financial impacts of change initiatives
You will report to the Manager of Business Partnering, in Enterprise Services Finance.
This role is responsible for assisting the Manager to provide financial and support to Global Technology Services (GTS). GTS provides group-wide technology services encompassing Technology Infrastructure, Cloud Computing, Data Centres, Networks, End User Computing, Service Operations, Enterprise Tooling and is driving key Technology Transformation programs.
Financial support includes:
- Monthly management reporting, variance analysis, and commentary for both BAU and investment portfolios
- Maintenance of rigorous financial control, including balance sheet reconciliations
- ES Business stakeholder management
- Driver based annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Providing commercial and strategic financial insights to stakeholders
- Involvement in ad-hoc financial analysis and broader insights to drive tangible value
- Identification and implementation of ongoing process improvements
You will partner closely with finance colleagues & leaders to:
- provide information and analysis in support of efficient and effective management of the business;
- make contributions to enhance and manage the risk framework of the bank;
- facilitate the execution of ES Finance strategic initiatives and demonstrate our high-performance culture
The Business Partnering analyst will work with the Business Partnering Manager and Business Partnering Senior Manager, to deliver the following across the ES business:
- Act as a key point of contact for ES in relation to financial performance
- Maintain robust financial control through:
- Processing of month-end journals and P&L analysis
- Balance sheet analysis, substantiation, and reconciliation
- Process improvement, standardization, and simplification
- Preparation, presentation, and monitoring of annual budgets and rolling forecasts following extensive engagement with key stakeholders
- Drive insightful reporting and analysis, including presentation of month-end results
- Production of discussion documents on key business issues for respective leadership teams
- Engage collaboratively across Finance and Business stakeholders to help drive business outcomes, enhance cost transparency and become a trusted advisor
- Provide financial support for both BAU and investment-related activities
- Positively contribute to team culture and the work environment
- Risk Mindset –All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks;
- Strong accounting and financial skills;
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills;
- Broad stakeholder engagement skills;
- Knowledge of the financial services and/or technology industry, including technology developments that are impacting Financial Services.
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified or part qualified;
- Accounting/finance management related degree; and
- Minimum of two years experience in Public Practice or in Commercial finance experience, ideally within a large corporate in Financial Services and/or Technology
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your ongoing development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviors you need for your next move.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 21/10/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.