Accountant II, GL
Job Title: GL Accountant II
Experience: 5-6 years Location: Hyderabad
An excellent opening at Electronic Arts (India) in General Ledger Accounting domain.
The responsibility of General Accounting function includes:
- Dealing with journal entries like Accruals, Prepaids, Allocations etc., on timely basis with utmost accuracy.
- Working on Fixed Assets, Leases and Derivatives accounting as well as the associated reporting activities.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet Reconciliations for various general ledger accounts including Cash and Cash Equivalents.
Key Responsibilities of this Role:
- Serves as the gatekeeper of our monthly account reconciliations and effectively highlights all related issues in reconciliation.
- Thorough knowledge of Balance sheet items/ Income statement line items.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in preparation of Bank reconciliations.
- Expert level knowledge in preparation of Accrual and Prepaid journal entries, in compliance with the journal entry policy.
- Knowledge of Fixed assets accounting cycle (capitalization, depreciation accounting, disposals, retirement etc.).
- Tag Fixed assets such as furniture, hardware etc., to enable proper tracking and to prevent them from being misappropriated.
- Continuously evaluates, recommends, and implements changes to all processes impacting the GL to simplify while improving transparency.? Working knowledge of VAT computation.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- ACCA 9 papers complete + 5 year of relevant business experience or ACCA affiliates with 2+ year of relevant business experience
- Hands on experience on Oracle R12 and Cadency Certification will be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible, meet deadlines and work well in a team
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills. Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Customer focused, Ability to adapt to changing schedules and multiple work plans.