Digital Risk Advisory Services Graduate
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. Whether it’s buying a new business, expanding internationally or struggling with financial difficulties, our team provide support and solutions that help businesses overcome challenges. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, you’ll be exposed to some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
The three-year Advisory Graduate Programme is your opportunity to learn our sector inside out, get real experience on real projects and achieve a recognised professional qualification. We’ll cover your exam fees and give you the study leave and extra training you’ll need to pass them while you balance your own workload. That training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and client-related skills that will help you become a full rounded BDO advisor and achieve your full potential.
The salary for this role is £28,000 and your job title will be DRAS Trainee.
Programme & Qualification
BDO offer the globally recognised Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) qualification as a Level 7 apprenticeship programme, enabling individuals to become qualified chartered accountants and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). The ACA qualification and apprenticeship provides a broad range of accounting, finance and business skills. It opens a wealth of opportunities.
Alternatively trainees can study towards the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) qualification. Focused on risk management, operation effectiveness, governance and controls, this internationally recognised qualification will enable you to develop and apply knowledge to a wide range of internal audit scenarios
The duration of either programme is 36 months.
As an Advisory Trainee within DRAS you will be part of the team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of an audit and assurance assignment are completed on time and within budget.
- Complete allocated work to budget and timescale and the appropriate level of quality, following the DRAS methodology and utilising Vision as appropriate, keeping the relevant manager informed of progress and issues
- Deliver exceptional client service through clear communication, both written and verbal and to ensure that a professional approach is maintained at all times. Note our key deliverable from the work we do is the production of a report, which needs to be of a high standard
- Support other graduates effectively and to be an effective DRAS team member
- Have an understanding of the future direction of DRAS, which relates to winning new clients, and gaining an understanding of business development e.g. assisting Senior RAS staff in identifying and bidding for new clients as well as conducting client-take-on procedures
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
We understand that everyone learns in different ways and the same environment isn’t always suited to every task. We’ll help you deliver the best quality output by giving you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work. When you need to work collaboratively, you’ll be able to work closely with colleagues, whether that’s in our offices, onsite with clients, or one of our brand-new hubs; when you need to focus, you’ll be able to work from home or in one of our quiet concentration spaces, using technology to stay connected with colleagues. We’ll provide the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to perform at your best, whatever the task in hand, for yourself, your team, and your clients.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
- A 2:2 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- A 9–4 in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent (we will also consider qualifications from outside the UK)
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following core benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Income Protection insurance;
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on Private Medical, Personal Accident, Dental or Travel Insurance; Home Technology
- enrol in our Bikes to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts at cinemas, dining out, shopping and gyms through our Employee Discounts arrangement;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access additional services like our financial wellbeing platform, online GP service or our Employee Assistance Programme
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.