Consultant, Transfer Agency
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
This role will serve as the primary expert for mutual fund employer and employee investments funded through payroll contributions and related tasks to facilitate contributions. This individual will interface with key client contacts, the operations team and fund shareholders. Additionally, the role will provide subject matter expertise across the operations team and assist with queries and development of procedures and training materials.
Responsible for daily execution and reviewing payroll contribution forms received from external sources. In depth understanding of the clients payroll contribution process is required as well as the operating model within the transfer agency. The role entails reviewing the forms for good order by comparing the contributing investor’s information against what is in the system, maintaining payroll contribution import files, posting contributions and identifying any exceptions. Follow up with the client contact is required to cure any documentation deficiencies or incomplete forms. Other operational tasks include processing account updates to reflect current contributions, maintaining the payroll register for the client to reflect current investor contributions for the period, and assisting with payroll related queries or entries. A high attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness is needed for the role.
This role may need to manage or support projects tied to regulatory change, new business/product initiatives, or other strategic priorities.
- Possesses basic knowledge of investments funded through payroll contributions and administration as well as familiarity with state and federal withholding requirements
- Proficient in reconciliation activities, exception research and resolution
- Operates independently; and can be trusted to carry out activities to completion
- Strives for efficiency and process automation
- Maintains regular contact with peers internal and external to firm. Keeps abreast of emerging industry trends.
- Maintains procedures and system of controls
- Assist with Transfer Agency operational tasks
- Remote work location available
- Seasoned professional with a College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative and able to partner effectively with others
- Analytical ability and eye for accuracy
- Prior experience utilizing work flow tools and document imaging systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft office tools particularly Excel, Outlook and Teams.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.