Senior General Ledger Accountant
4 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Accountant in Accounting and Financial Reporting Department (Alternative Investments)
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Senior Accountant in Accounting and Financial Reporting. Working closely with Supervisor and Team Leader, Senior Accountant will assist in booking of General Ledger transactions and preparation of financial reporting. Senior will be also responsible for reviewing of work performed by less Junior Accountants and providing them with feedback.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Full general ledger accounting.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting.
- Independent review of work prepared by Junior Accountants providing them with feedback.
- Developing and maintaining strong familiarity with accounting standards (i.e. IFRS / US GAAP).
- Ensuring adherence to all established procedures, best practices and internal controls.
What we value:
- Understanding of accounting practices and standards.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in full general ledger accounting or group accounting, or audit background.
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience is an asset.
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French as an additional asset.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with a limited direct supervision, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.