Advisor - Internal Audit
About KPMG in Malta
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients’ clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do, shared by all our firms in 147 countries. KPMG is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
We are a team of passionate and experienced professionals from various disciplines, assisting several organisations with identifying, anticipating and managing business risks. We have an exciting portfolio of clients across financial services and non-financial services sectors. Our work spans across various service lines: conducting internal audits (including IT audits), providing assistance to ensure regulatory compliance, and helping clients in managing business risks. Over the past years, our Risk Consulting Team has grown considerably. Today, it comprises a number of experienced and talented professionals with different skill sets, including auditors, accountants, actuaries, banking and insurance specialists and AML/CFT experts.
We are currently looking for an Advisor to join the Internal Audit team within our well-established Risk Consulting Advisory department in view of our expanding business opportunities. Although the role entails your assistance with the provision of Internal Audit Services to several regulated entities (including Banks, Financial Institutions and Insurance Entities), you will also have the opportunity to contribute to other risk advisory projects.
- Plan internal audit assignments with the engagement managers;
- Support engagement managers to design audit programs;
- Perform fieldwork and assist in the drafting of internal audit reports;
- Advise engagement managers of progress on the job and any developments that may lead to a change of plan;
- Ensuring timely completion of assigned engagement phases;
- Take ownership of self-development, including stretch assignments, to prepare for greater responsibilities and career growth and takes the initiative to seek out opportunity for continued learning;
- Collaborate with specialists within the team to better serve clients;
- Assist in carrying out regulatory compliance Internal Audits; and,
- Develop and maintain a positive, productive, collaborative professional relationship with the client and engagement managers to provide well-coordinated and consistent high-performance results.
- A minimum of two years of internal audit experience with preference given to persons exhibiting IA experience in banking, FIs, and/or insurance entities;
- Degree in accountancy or related field, or ACCA;
- Experience within a professional services firm would be preferred;
- A superb team player with excellent communication and analytical skills, and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Proficient in spoken and written English; and,
- Willing to pursue a relevant qualification such as CIA, CISA, etc. Preference will be given to candidates holding such certifications.
We are looking for a colleague who is a team player and progressive thinker who can communicate ideas with passion. This career opportunity also provides excellent exposure, both within the KPMG network and wider field, and provides the right candidate further career and development opportunities. If you are interested in continuous learning and would like to make a difference, do not hesitate to contact us.
Should the above vacancy interest you, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below to submit your application.