Asset Supervision Team Leader (Alternative Investments)
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, which demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as an Asset Supervision Team Leader (Alternative Investments)
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Alts Asset Supervision Team Leader (Associate). Working closely with a Manager, Team Leader will supervise teams of financial professionals (6+ members overall) who are responsible for fulfilling Depositary outsourced obligations. As part of the duties Team Leader will be responsible of all aspects relating to staff management like people coaching, development and retention. As a member of management team, Team Leader will devise and participate internal and cross office projects to improve the efficiency, quality and accuracy of the department’s work.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility for the provision of Alternative Investments recordkeeping/ fund assets' ownership verification/ review of transaction documentation (investment acquisitions and disposals), Alternative funds cash flow monitoring.
- Analysis and review of complex funds structures, understanding of funds' legal documents and compliance restrictions.
- Annual performance process for team members, feedback based on previously agreed goals.
- Ensuring adherence to all established procedures, best practices and internal controls.
- Maintaining solid working relationships with other areas within BBH Krakow office and across the Firm globally.
What we value:
- Primary degree in Accounting/Finance/Law or Business-related discipline.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in Depositary/Fund Accounting (Alternative Funds)/ Corporate Accounting/ Financial Audit.
- Basic understanding of various services provided to investment funds, investment structures and financial products
- Understanding of commercial aspects of investment funds' activity
- ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CFA/CAIA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
- Knowledge of AIFMD considered as an asset.
- Strong experience in direct responsibility for managing, mentoring and coaching staff.
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
- Fluency in English essential
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.