Financial Services Advisory Graduate
We’ll broaden your horizons
Financial institutions are exposed to risk on a daily basis and have additional pressure from regulators, such as the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA), to comply with the complex regulatory framework. If institutions cannot comply with applicable regulations, they are at risk of reputational damage and enforcement action.
The BDO Financial Services Advisory team guide clients through the growing complexity of the UK market and regulatory demands - whether that be through internal audit, ad-hoc assurance reviews or advisory engagements.
As an Advisory Trainee, you will undertake a 3 year structured programme. You will gain a broad exposure by working with a wide variety of clients from banking institutions, to asset managers, insurers and capital markets firms helping our clients manage their risks, rotating across the disciplines we have established within Advisory including:
- Governance and Risk;
- Economic Crime;
- Internal Audit;
- Regulatory Conduct; and
We’ll help you succeed
The three-year Financial Advisory Graduate Programme is your opportunity to learn our sector inside out, get real experience on real projects and achieve a recognised professional qualification. We’ll cover your exam fees and give you the study leave and extra training you’ll need to pass them while you balance your own workload. That training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and client-related skills that will help you become a full rounded BDO advisor and achieve your full potential.
The salary for this role is £28,000 and your job title will be Advisory Trainee.
Programme & Qualification
You will study towards an appropriate qualification, selecting your preference for either the ACA (from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales), the CISI Diploma in Investment Compliance or the Certified Internal Auditor whilst gaining invaluable professional experience.
- Delivering internal audit and assurance reviews across a wide variety of financial services businesses.
- Assessing the arrangements that our clients have in place to manage a given risk area against regulatory and industry best practice.
- Investigating potential regulatory breaches by assessing documentation, evaluating the control environment and conducting interviews.
- Providing solutions to client needs, including forming recommendations to help clients more effectively manage risk.
- Presenting findings to a diverse audience through written reports and presentations.
- Responding to client queries and concerns in an efficient and professional manner.
- Helping to grow the practice by assisting partners and directors with proposals and new opportunities.
- Building internal and external relationships and networks.
- Coaching and assisting more junior employees on the team.
When you join us
We understand that everyone learns in different ways and the same environment isn’t always suited to every task. We’ll help you deliver the best quality output by giving you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work. When you need to work collaboratively, you’ll be able to work closely with colleagues, whether that’s in our offices, onsite with clients, or one of our brand-new hubs; when you need to focus, you’ll be able to work from home or in one of our quiet concentration spaces, using technology to stay connected with colleagues. We’ll provide the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to perform at your best, whatever the task in hand, for yourself, your team, and your clients.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
- A 2:2 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. We provide the following core benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Income Protection insurance;
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on Private Medical, Personal Accident, Dental or Travel Insurance; Home Technology
- enrol in our Bikes to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts at cinemas, dining out, shopping and gyms through our Employee Discounts arrangement;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan
- access additional services like our financial wellbeing platform, online GP service or our Employee Assistance Programme