Transaction Services Graduate
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Once Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. Whether it’s buying a new business, expanding internationally or struggling with financial difficulties, our team provide support and solutions that help businesses overcome challenges. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, you’ll be exposed to some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
The three-year Advisory Graduate Programme is your opportunity to learn our sector inside out, get real experience on real projects and achieve a recognised professional qualification. We’ll cover your exam fees and give you the study leave and extra training you’ll need to pass them while you balance your own workload. That training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and client-related skills that will help you become a full rounded BDO advisor and achieve your full potential.
The salary for this role is £21,250 and your job title will be Corporate Finance Trainee.
Programme & Qualification
BDO offer the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS) qualification and there's never been a better time to train to become a Chartered Accountant (CA). The CA qualification is exceptional. An internationally respected qualification, that provides you with the knowledge, skills and values to become a highly regarded and sought-after business professional You can look forward to an interesting and varied career. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
- Analysing the historical and projected financial performance of a company to present trend analysis
- Identifying the key opportunities or risks for a company being bought or sold
- Interviewing key management to understand the underlying drivers of the financial performance and key strategic initiatives
- Identifying and understanding client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to a senior member of the team
- Building internal and external relationships and networks, and liaising with other advisers on the transaction - such as lawyers, bankers and consultants
- Supporting business development by completing research on a company or specific industry sector
- Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office
- Participating in group, stream and firm wide activities
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
When you join us
We understand that everyone learns in different ways and the same environment isn’t always suited to every task. We’ll help you deliver the best quality output by giving you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work. When you need to work collaboratively, you’ll be able to work closely with colleagues, whether that’s in our offices, onsite with clients, or one of our brand-new hubs; when you need to focus, you’ll be able to work from home or in one of our quiet concentration spaces, using technology to stay connected with colleagues. We’ll provide the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to perform at your best, whatever the task in hand, for yourself, your team, and your clients.
We’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
- A 2:2 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- A 9–4 in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent (we will also consider qualifications from outside the UK)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following core benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Income Protection insurance;
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on Private Medical, Personal Accident, Dental or Travel Insurance; Home Technology
- enrol in our Bikes to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts at cinemas, dining out, shopping and gyms through our Employee Discounts arrangement;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access additional services like our financial well being platform, online GP service or our Employee Assistance Programme
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.