A 12 month fixed term contract working within the Higher Education sector, here in Manchester, as a Management Accountant.
Our client is a major player across Greater Manchester's Higher Education institutions and like many of it's competitors, is committed to providing a more agile and digitally enhanced approach to learning and are focussing and relying on market insights to drive evidence- based decision making from the leadership.
The key accountabilties of the Management Accountant will include, but may not be limited to;
- To actively work with the Heads to develop their financial awareness and understanding, and to help them drive appropriate actions.
- To work closely with the Heads in all financial planning, budget and forecast processes and consolidate results for their areas.
- To prepare and review the monthly management accounts, provide insightful management information and financial analysis and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Be familiar with the Financial Regulations, Procedures, Purchasing Policy and any other documents as issued by the Office of the Director of Finance from time to time, and give advice on compliance thereto.
- To work with the Functional teams to develop a clear understanding of the drivers of business performance in order to enhance financial forecasting and decision making, including the optimal prioritisation of resources.
- To work with the Leadership Teams to take appropriate action to deliver budget results and to ensure that the full financial implications of initiatives, including financial risks are fully understood and appropriately managed.
- To provide assistance and advice to non-finance colleagues on all aspects of University financial procedures.
- To seek opportunities to continuously improve procedures as necessary to adequately support the business activities.
- To supervise members of the Team and be actively involved in line management and training of the team where appropriate.
- To work with the Heads and the other leadership teams to ensure that Faculty financial operations run efficiently and effectively, in compliance with University financial regulations, and to ensure up to date, accurate, and technically correct accounting.
- To produce monthly and other ad hoc financial reports and ensure that these are distributed to the relevant Budget Holder and that appropriate action is taken where necessary.
- Be responsible for ensuring that financial reconciliations are undertaken on a timely basis, as required.
- To oversee preparation and inputting of journals onto Oracle Financials, the University's accounting system.
- Assist in the approval of staff contract renewals and replacements.
- To deputise for the Head as required.
- To maintain confidentiality of information in line with data protection requirements and University policy.
- To comply with Health and Safety requirements, including having an awareness of personal responsibilities to maintain a safe working environment.
The successful candidate must possess the following skillset, in order to be considered for the role;
- Possess a recognised CCAB professional accountancy qualification or equivalent. CCAB Finalists and exceptional candidates qualified by experience and with significant sector experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience of working in an accounts preparation role with strong analytical skills to enable production of meaningful financial reporting
- Experience in the management and development of staff
- Experience of working within finance in a large, complex organisation demonstrating ability to work collaboratively and proactively across organisational boundaries.
- A 12 month opportunity to work for an organisation that is driven by social responsibility and really making a difference to our future generations of research and academia;
- An annual salary of between £33,000 and £41,000;
- An opportunity to further development people management skills;
- An almost immediate start;
- Hybrid working arrangements.