A2R GL & Reporting Executive
Purpose of Role
The Account to Report (A2R) GL & Reporting Executive is accountable for the processing of transactions related to : Inventory accounting and closing & reporting of financial books (inclusive of Intercompany, Fixed Assets & Cash accounting).
This role will support the A2R GL & Reporting Supervisor in ensuring the enforcement of accounting standards and reliability of the data collected from management, controllers, tax department and other end-to-end processes. Apart from that, this role will require active participation in driving A2R continuous improvement initiatives.
This role is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Active participation in the transition of Country A2R processes into SBS, including workshadowing and Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) documentation preparations
- Support team members throughout knowledge transfer in A2R to-be processes and technology/tools and active contribution to ensure operational readiness by Go-Live date
- Implement successfully A2R Core Model for transitions to KL (inclusive of participation where required in CM presentation & IA workshops)
- Ensure SOX and Internal Control Framework compliance across activities, and support A2R GL & Reporting Supervisor, A2R GL & Reporting Senior Executive and Country Finance to identify and address any gaps
- Support external and internal audits by working closely with A2R GL & Reporting Supervisor, A2R GL & Reporting Senior Executive and Country Finance
- Ensure adequate follow up on issues identified during external and internal audit
- Adhere to segregation of duties defined by management
- Deliver quality reporting of legal statutory accounts and consolidation packages within the local regulatory and Sanofi Group calendar timeframes
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS) and company procedures to ensure integrity of financial information
- Collaborate with other End to End teams (P2P and Ci2C), tax & treasury departments and Country Finance to manage and address potential closing risks
- Support A2R GL & Reporting Supervisor and Senior Executive in attending enquiries from Country Finance/Internal and External customers
- Support A2R GL & Reporting Supervisor in CFO closing meetings by providing detailed analysis and/or explanation of material changes
- Contribute to Sanofi Account Committee and Customer Board preparation and reviews
- Ensure SOP documentations are updated on timely basis to reflect latest process/tool/policy changes
- Support A2R GL & Reporting Supervisor in monitoring performance on a continuous basis against agreed SLAs and define corrective actions, where necessary
- Identify and articulate improvement areas across processes and technology – including ERP and other tools and solutions
- Contribute ideas in customer satisfaction initiatives, including regular assessment of service satisfaction across Country Finance and other stakeholders
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or equivalent
- At least 2 years working experience in Finance/Accounting sector
- Working experience with SAP, specifically Fi/Co
- Proficient in the use of applications in the MS-Office suite, including MS-Excel.
- Mandatory to have good English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working experience in a customer-facing and service-oriented corporate position is preferred
- Working experience in Accounts to Report and in a Finance shared services environment, either captive (in-house) or in a BPO setting is preferred