Equities Product Controller
Two years ago JP Morgan established their Product Control presence in Warsaw with a vision to create a center of excellence that would be fully responsible for all aspects of the process and be the primary face off to all stakeholders including Front Office Traders and Market Risk. This provides their Warsaw controllers with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the entire function and a full oversight of the workings of one of the World’s leading investment banks. Warsaw serves as a strategically important post Brexit location and we expertly train and develop the talent we employ to ensure they are fully integrated and comparable with controllers based in other global locations including London, New York, Singapore and Buenos Aires.
We need innovative, proactive and independent people to join our team who can help us achieve our vision. This team isn’t following just simple, daily procedures. We want employees to go beyond this with a real drive and determination to understand complex issues, drive impactful change and generate efficiencies. In exchange, we offer dynamic work environment in the biggest Investment Bank in EMEA, development paths off the chain with exceptional benefits program and a competitive compensation package.
EMEA Equities is split into several core businesses, which include Cash Equities, Equity Derivatives Group (EDG), Prime Finance and Clearing.
Cash Equities executes trades and markets research ideas to corporate, institutional and hedge fund clients, and offers worldwide execution capabilities across all exchanges and electronic networks. Trades are executed as Agency, Risk Free Principal and Principal, offering both High Touch and Low Touch solutions. EDG provides structuring and trading services on equity-based derivatives products to a broad range of clients. EDG is the primary risk manager of derivative transactions in the Equities division and trades both linear and non-linear products. EDG consists of Exotics, Flow, Corporate Derivatives, Financing and Convertible Bonds desks.
The Prime business comprises of market making in equity futures/forwards and ETFs, delivering equity performance to clients through swaps as well as offering flexible financing to clients in either physical form or through synthetic products and with its ability to borrow and lend securities (stock loan) also allows clients to create short exposure. A further role of the Prime business is to provide the wider Equities businesses with both short term and long term secured funding. Clearing is comprised of Futures & Options (F&O), Over the Counter Clearing (OTC Clearing) and OTC Intermediation. F&O provides Sales, Execution and Clearing services across fixed income, equity, foreign exchange and commodity asset classes. Clearing provides intermediation services to clients globally, including facilitating the clearing process.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Production, preparation and reporting of the daily P&L and Risk
- Understand, produce and explain daily P&L into constituent risk components; investigating any issues as needed
- Review with FO to obtain sign-off and for any ad hoc requests and queries. First point of contact for FO.
- Additional liaison with other middle office areas, back office, FVP and technology development groups and point of contact for downstream issues
- Liaison with accounting control group to help investigate any issues around daily monitoring and review of the general ledger to reported P&L and month-end reporting and substantiation
- Manage projects and initiatives related to all of the above as well as larger cross-business programmes
- Be an active part of the team, coming up with ideas and suggestions for improvements etc.
- Bachelor’s degree; finance, accounting, statistics, or economics is a plus
- 3+ years relevant work experience preferred
- Experience in managing others and/or projects, in either a direct or indirect manner preferred
- Derivatives or Securities experience including clear understanding of Greeks analysis. Equity Derivatives experience preferable
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills – ability to relay information in a concise and understanding manner
- Professional attitude, strong team player and personable / approachable manner
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively to tight deadlines
- Analytical and logical manner; good at problem solving and devising solutions
- Previous P&L or risk within a derivatives or fixed income securities environment preferable
- Proven track record of delivering high quality results within tight deadlines; ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and process re-engineering skills
- Investigative mind-set, able to see issues at both a high level and in detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience with creating documentation
- Energetic self-starter who takes ownership
- Strong team player, comfortable working with all levels of the organization
- Strong technical skills in using Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Accounting / Control experience- a professional accounting qualification, e.g. ACA, CIMA
- CFA charter holder
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.