Assistant Manager/Manager, Employment Tax - London
1 day left
- Experience level
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Managers are responsible for co-ordinating their team, and for managing projects and multiple assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- Understand and acknowledge the importance of the firm’s procedures, and follow them with minimal supervision.
- Ensure that all work is produced in accordance with the department, office or firm’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and ensure that the clients’ needs are fully met.
- Deal with day-to-day client matters and liaise with other team members as appropriate. Contact with clients and others via telephone, video conference, email, correspondence and attending meetings with clients.
- Produce work of the required standard in a timely and effective manner for Partner/Director etc., which requires no further input on straightforward factual matters and dealing with complex matters in conjunction with other members of the team.
- Research technical issues and present the findings effectively, whilst demonstrating the use of key reference and the relevant legislation.
- Effectively manage projects and multiple assignments, ensuring that the work is completed within the specified timeframes and to the required standard.
- Promote the firm’s services to clients through effective cross selling. Identify opportunities for adding value to clients through the provision of complementary services offered by the firm and ensuring the opportunities are acted upon.
- Work effectively within a team environment, assisting others in the team with managing projects the budget, the timetable and client expectations.
- To act as client relationship manager on a portfolio of smaller clients as appropriate where Employer Advisory (“EA”) work is the main or sole service.
- To proactively manage the monthly billing process in respect of EA work.
- Assist other department’s staff in the office and across the national firm with Employment Tax related queries, as and when required.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally, including colleagues, senior management and clients.
- Other work as may be required from time to time.
- Undertake all tasks in the department, office and firm, which may be necessary in achieving overall goals and objectives of the firm.
Performance objectives and targets will be set for the main duties above at least annually with the line manager. These will reviewed against performance targets regularly.
Objectives and targets will also be set and performance reviewed in respect of the personal qualities listed in the person specification.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- ATT qualified or with equivalent level of proven experience
- CTA desirable but not essential
- Support will be provided for study to achieve the above
- The member of staff will have already attained the level of experience and expertise required of grades below that to which he/she is appointed
- Experience of acting as the first point of contact for the client and able to resolve client issues unless they involve technical matters of fact or opinion
- Work effectively within regulatory compliance structures
- Has an appropriate awareness of the risk involved in this specialism of work
Technical skills: Employment Tax work
General employment tax consultancy advice such as:
- HMRC Employer compliance reviews.
- Employment status of workers / IR35.
- Due diligence work.
- Expenses and benefit tax treatment.
- Salary sacrifice / OpRA.
- Class 1A NIC and P11D reporting.
- PAYE Settlement Agreements.
- Termination payments.
- Construction Industry Scheme.
- Remuneration planning – previous exposure to bonus, share scheme and salary sacrifice planning is desirable
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients; and facilitate the team culture by documenting and sharing information.
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and act accordingly.
- Ability to act as client relationship manager on a portfolio of smaller clients
- Ability to proactively manage the billing process in relation to EA work.
- Ability to produce accurate and thorough work of a quality standard.
- Effective time and project management skills, being able to manage multiple assignments within the required timeframes.
- Ability to use own initiative and think independently in order to resolve issues
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Excellent IT capability – understanding of the application of IT systems to improve work practices.
- Commitment to personal development, being willing to undertake the necessary training to fulfil the main duties and skill sets of the grade.
- Able to deal with change in a positive manner.
- Positively articulates the goals of the firm and advocates for the firm.
- Is pro-active and enthusiastic, looking for business opportunities among existing and potential clients as well as through own external and internal networks as well as seeking methods of improving service delivery.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.