Treasury/CIO - Finance and Risk Data Operations - Analyst
T/CIO Global Operations is part of the Treasury/Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) which is responsible for firm wide asset and liability management including:
- Aggregating and managing the firm’s structural interest rate risk, primarily through a global investment portfolio.
- Managing the firm’s funding and liabilities, including both long term debt and short term cash deployment.
- Aggregating, managing and reporting the firm’s liquidity risk.
- Aggregating and managing the firm’s structural foreign exchange.
- Managing the end to end risk weighted assets and capital process.
ABOUT Finance & Risk Data Operations: Finance & Risk Data Operations (FRDO) is a global operations team supporting the monitoring and control of transaction and position data sourced from 70+ Line of Business product systems into multiple data aggregation platforms and used by Treasury, Risk and Finance/Capital to satisfy internal and external reporting needs. The team is responsible for ensuring a timely, accurate and complete dataset prior to downstream distribution on a daily and monthly basis. This role will perform the operations activities for a specific asset class which includes but not limited to performing the following operations activities; Feed Monitoring/SLA Management, adjustment processing, data variance and exception monitoring, issue management and daily and close management activities.
- Support the daily and month end close process supporting Finance/Capital, Risk and Treasury
- Own and review data quality exceptions for data loads and reporting during the daily close. Collaborate with team members and peers to drive resolution of data quality and system issues across all feeds
- Partner with the Line of Business data providers to understand key business drivers and perform root cause analysis. Identify data anomalies and trends and using product knowledge help identify business risks and facilitate remediation
- Support all production change management activities relating to data requests and controls, inclusive of defining requirements, user testing and production checkouts
- Constantly work to mobilize change in order to simplify processes and enhance controls
- Establish and maintain stakeholder relationships across Line of Business, Consumers of data including Treasury, Risk and Finance, Technology and other Corporate Finance teams with the goal of continuing to identify and address client needs.
- Participation in and adherence to operational internal controls, governance and metrics preparation
- Drive aspects of production of the monthly metrics reporting, as requested or as required
- Develop written procedures covering all aspects of required business as usual tasks
- Participate in cross-functional training to ensure adequate coverage
- Bachelor degree required (Engineering, Finance or Business degree preferable)
- 1-3 years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably within operations
- Sound Knowledge of varied financial products desired but not required
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and committed to deliver under tight deadlines
- Good logical and analytical skills, strong accounting skills and aptitude to work with numbers
- Proficiency in MS office applications (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint) is required
- SQL knowledge would be a nice to have
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, should be able to interact with business partners independently
- Candidate should be flexible with working weekends when required for Quarter End and Production releases
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.