Entry Level Data Analyst, Dublin, Tax Technology & Transformation Team
Our high-profile, Tax Technology and Transformation (“TTT”) team based in Dublin focus on assisting clients with tax and finance transformation programs and the operational management of taxes. In the team you’ll get the opportunity to help our clients manage the strategic as well as practical, everyday issues of operating and improving the performance of their tax and finance departments by advising on process improvements; data management & analytics; implementation of tax software systems and building tax requirements into ERP’s and other financial reporting software.
This is a significant area of growth for EY’s Tax practice, and as a result, we are looking to expand the team through the recruitment of high achieving individual.
Your key responsibilities
- Visualise client data using latest visualisation tools
- Data cleansing and manipulation
- Predictive analytics using Machine Learning
- Optimizing the ERP system and processes to support their tax needs
- Configuration of 3rd party tax software solutions
- Developing and implementing new software both internally and for clients to help automation and improve processes
- Strong and motivated team player
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Workflow & information management – setting up processes and technology tools to provide greater control over global tax deadlines and risks in a more efficient manner
Skills and attributes for success
- Senior consultant resource to support projects across the spectrum outlined above
- Consulting background preferable – used to interacting with clients and working on large-scale projects
- Proven high quality delivery
- Self-starter, good time manager and able to deal with complexity and competing priorities
- Good communicator and client relationship experience
- Strong and motivated team player
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications
To qualify for the role you must have:
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistic or a quantitative field or a Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy/Tax
- Data visualisation experience with Power BI or Tableau
- Motivated learner eager to explore new challenges (e.g. tax skills, ERP systems, etc).
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience around ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Dynamics, or other ERP systems), technology, data and processes
- Accountancy/ Tax or other local equivalent qualifications
What we look for
Our services are different from other tax advisory services as you will need to combine both tax and technology skills. The work requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses, so you’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of tax performance improvements methodologies possibly specializing in the configuration of tax technologies or having an understanding of ERP software (SAP, Oracle).
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.