Balfour Beatty Investments has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our investments team to work in Kettering.
- To support Senior Finance Manager and Regional Directors providing financial reports and analysis for the England and Scotland regions.
As an Assistant Accountant you will:
- Assist in preparation of monthly managements accounts including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flows, variance analysis for regions for review with Business leads and Managing Director;
- Attend monthly project review / Cost Valuation meetings;
- Assist with project support as designated;
- Assist with site stock takes of materials and works;
- Calculate month end accrual and prepayment journals;
- Assist/prepare supporting data and relevant analysis to aid in decision making in an effective and timely manner;
- Assist with the maintaining and update of the financial forecast model;
- Issue monthly/ weekly cost reports to Sales Manager, Commercial and Business development teams;
- Assist / prepare Sales & Build weekly reports for distribution to business and directors;
- Maintain consolidated rolling plot schedule;
- Reconciliation and updating of required data in MIS system;
- Weekly & monthly cash reporting;
- Weekly/Monthly reconciliation of all reservations, sales incentives, deposits and associated costs;
- Analysis and assist with the management of the authorisation of invoices, reporting on findings and liaising with colleagues to ensure invoices queries and authorisation KPIs are met;
- Approval and coding of invoices on PIMS;
- Assist with the population of Project on a Page templates and Life of Site reports;
- Assist/prepare monthly rebate reconciliations and assist with obtaining the relevant information for making the rebate claim;
- Request / raise sales invoices;
- Assist with validation of plot completion statements;
- Assist/complete with the validation of Help to Buy claims;
- Assist/complete and maintain the help to buy plot forecast;
- Support Senior Finance Manager and Regional Directors in any ad-hoc financial tasks;
- Liaison as necessary with external/internal auditors.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Advanced Excel knowledge;
- Good general IT skills;
- Excellent communicator;
- Able to work to strict deadlines;
- Previous experience of Housing industry would be advantageous;
- Studying for an accounting qualification would be preferred.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Investments is a global infrastructure investor operating in the UK, US and Canada. We provide the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 21 years, Balfour Beatty Investments has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of more than 70 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and North America.
In recent years, Balfour Beatty Investments has diversified into new markets and geographies, demonstrating a successful evolution. Our core markets include: healthcare, education, student accommodation, residential and military housing, highways and power and waste.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.