Global Trade Manager Indirect Tax
1 day left
- Experience level
Manager – Global Trade
The Global Trade team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC). The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated center of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 570+ talented ETC professionals are based in 21 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
Our team comprises over 120 dynamic individuals spread across 12 countries and more than 20 offices. We have specialist tax, International trade and data analytics skill sets spanning the areas of service management, customs and trade compliance & reporting, duty optimization, trade function creation, global trade analytics and landed cost modelling. We focus on supporting our clients in managing their customs and trade footprint, centrally and locally, and delivering on their function creation and optimization. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
The Global Trade team work with multinational clients globally to ensure they structure their supply chain in an efficient and compliant manner. While this role is based in Dublin, our team is spread over many jurisdictions to ensure our clients’ needs are fully addressed. With numerous factors impacting the future EU trade environment, such as Brexit and COVID supply chain disruption, the importance of strategic international trade analysis and advice within the EU and global landscape has never been more critical for our clients. As a direct result of this focus on trade we would like to grow our team in Dublin and are currently looking for a manager to join us.
Your key responsibilities
Managers in our team are the engine for delivering value add projects to our clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for keeping his or her technical knowledge of customs and trade subject matter at a very high level and will be responsible for on-job training of more junior members of the team. It will be a core responsibility for our managers to be client relationship leaders for our key accounts and to be project managers for specific jobs. Managers will also be required to be effective resource managers with ability to manage complex projects from an administrative perspective as well.
Skills and attributes for success
- Client focused and commercially aware.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Outgoing team player with strong relationship building skills
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Project management skills – to manage internal and external administrative requirements
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Practical knowledge of import and export processes, trade procedures and documentation.
- Proven experience in either public service, consulting or advisory background, or supply chain and logistics role with a focus on international trade, customs and excise.
- Strong background, experience and appreciation of International Trade, Trade Policy and the International Relations arena
- Experience of working in and leading teams
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Data analytics skills or understanding of basics of data analysis
- Specific industry experience and vision of how customs and trade issues affect that industry
- Good presentation and communication skills
What we look for
- An enthusiastic independent trade & customs specialist with good commercial awareness
- An open inquisitive mind who is open to listening and learning from anyone anywhere in the world
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2021 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.